Whatever the theme of your Halloween decorating, you'll find a garland that fits right into the plan. These festive trims will add holiday pizzazz to doors, mantels, windows, banisters, and more!What You Need:
- Tracing paper
- White pencil
- Crafting foam in orange, yellow, white, purple, green, and black
- Round and star-shape paper punches
- Pinking shears
- Thick white crafts glue
- Silver permanent marking pen
- Plastic-coated colored wires
- Chenille stems
- Curling ribbon
- Pony beads
- Ice pick
1. Download the patterns. Download requires Adobe Acrobat software.
2. Trace the garland patterns onto tracing paper. Cut out shapes.
3. Trace around patterns. Do this as many times as desired on crafting foam. If pencil lines do not show up, use a white pencil. Cut out shapes.
4. Make tiny circle or star shapes. Punch out the desired shapes with a paper punch. To make zigzag stripes, cut with pinking shears.
5. Layer and glue pieces together. Use the patterns as a guide. Let the glue dry.
6. Embellish the foam pieces. You can add gems and small snippets of foam, or draw in details with silver marking pen.
7. Connect the garland pieces. Use the photographs for ideas. Use a paper punch to add holes if needed. Thread wire, chenille stems, or curling ribbon through the holes, adding beads if desired. To form wire into a spiral shape, wrap it around an ice pick before connecting it to foam shapes.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!