Halloween Party Invitations
The fold-over body opens to provide space for party details.What You Need:
For each invitation
- 8-1/2 x 11-inch sheets white paper
- Black card stock
- Black dimensional paint
- Opaque white ink pen
- Pink ink pen
- White eyelet (optional)
- Black eyelet (optional)
- 1/4-inch goo-goo eyes (available at crafts stores)
- Crafts glue
- Black or vellum envelope (optional)
1. Use a pencil to practice drawing the patterns for the body/legs, head, and tail on white paper. For the section that stands, fold the paper in half and draw a body and two legs. Cut with scissors; test to make sure the body stands on the four legs. Draw a head and tail pattern; cut out the pieces.
2. Trace each piece onto black card stock, using a pencil. Cover the pencil lines with black dimensional paint. Allow paint to dry, then cut out pieces, cutting around the paint. For the body, use scissors to make small cuts at the fold to mimic raised fur.
3. Draw eyes, mouth, nose, whiskers, and ears using the white pen. Fill in ears and nose with the pink pen. Using a white eyelet (or glue), attach the head to the body in the right eye area. Glue a goo-goo eye over the eyelet; glue the second eye to the left. Attach tail to body with a black eyelet (or glue).
4. Using the white pen, write party details on the inside of the body. If desired, place in a black or vellum envelope to deliver.