Halloween Party Invitations
For invitations, just follow the curves to write party particulars on black card stock; leave portions of the coiled body unglued so it pops down when the recipient takes it out of the envelope.What You Need:
For each invitation
- 8-1/2 x 11-inch sheets of white paper
- Black marker
- One 8-1/2 x 11-inch sheet of vellum paper
- Glitter spray
- Black thread
- Black cover stock, cut to 5-3/4 x 9-1/4 inches
- Clear tape or spray adhesive
- White opaque ink pen
- One 6 x 9-inch vellum envelope (optional)
1. Draw a 5-1/2 x 9-1/4-inch box on white paper using the pencil. Within the box, draw a ghost figure, using the photo as reference. Fill in eyes and mouth with black marker. When satisfied with the pattern, photocopy onto vellum.
2. Cut out the ghost with scissors, following the black lines. Spray with glitter spray. Allow to dry. If using as a hanging decoration, poke a needle threaded with black thread through the top, and hang via the thread.
3. Position the ghost on black card stock for the invitation. Use tape or spray adhesive to secure the head to the card stock. (Leave the coils untaped so they dangle when taken out of the envelope.) Using a white opaque ink pen, follow around the ghost's curves to write a message on the card. Allow to dry. If desired, place in vellum envelope to deliver.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!