Halloween Sky Pumpkin
- Sharp knife
- Tracing paper
- Transfer paper
- Wire screen
- Straight pins
- Wire cutters
- Heavyweight silver wire
- Plastic bats
1. Download the free pattern for this project. (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software.)
2. Cut off the top of the pumpkin. Scoop out.
3. Trace the star and moon patterns. Place the patterns on the pumpkin and slip transfer paper between the pumpkin and the pattern. Trace the patterns to transfer the designs. Cut out the shapes.
4. Cut the screen 1/2 inch larger on all sides than the moon and large stars. Push the screen into the openings. To fill smaller stars, pin a piece of screen behind each cut star on the inside of the pumpkin.
5. Cut 3-foot lengths of wire and bend them into spirals. Anchor one end of each spiral in the pumpkin and hook a bat on the other end.
Note: Never leave a burning candle unattended or in the reach of children.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!