Hanukkah Gelt Bags
- Organza fabric
- Fabric stiffening liquid
- Cheesecloth or press cloth
- 14 inches of 1/2-inch-wide ribbon
- Beads for ribbon ends (optional)
1. Soak the organza in 1 part stiffening liquid to 2 parts water until it is saturated. Roll the fabric in a towel to remove the excess liquid and hang to dry at least 2 hours.
2. Sandwich the organza between layers of cheesecloth or a press cloth. Press the organza to remove any wrinkles.
3. Cut a 5x11-inch piece of organza. Fold the organza in half, forming a 5x5-1/2-inch bag. Stitch narrow side seams, using zigzag stitches or a serger. Narrowly hem the upper edge. Fill the bag with chocolate coins and tie with the ribbon.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!