Heritage Table Runner
- 2 yards (enough to fit your table) Afrocentric or seasonal fabric
- 2 buttons
- 2 large tassels
- Fabric glue or sewing machine
1. Cut fabric to 12-1/2 inches wide by 2 yards long. Lay fabric wrong side up on a flat surface.
2. Finish edges. Turn back 1/4-inch on each side of fabric. Glue or stitch down.
3. Shape ends. At each end fold fabric back to form a V. Glue down.
4. Attach buttons. Leaving fabric wrong side up, measure 1 inch from pointed tip of each end of runner. Mark lightly with chalk or pencil. Sew one button at mark on each end of runner to attach tassel.
5. Add tassels. Put loop of tassel around the button. Tassel will hang down from each point.More Ideas:
- Make a matching runner to place along a fireplace mantel.
- Matching chair covers would add another stylish touch.