Holiday Treat Jars
Trimmed-Tree Candy Jar
A simple, free-form Christmas tree can be painted onto a jar of any size.What You Need:
- Glass jar with glass lid
- Disposable foam plate
- Acrylic glass paints in green, white, purple, dark green, metallic gold, red, and yellow
- Old toothbrush
1. Clean glassware. Before beginning to paint, wash the glassware and let it dry. Be careful not to touch your fingers on the areas that will be painted (use a towel).
2. Cover your work surface with newspapers.
3. Paint snow and large trees. On the plate, mix a small amount of green with white. Start to paint the snow at the bottom of the jar. Using the same colors, paint a large tree on each side of the jar. Mix a small amount of purple with white and continue painting the top of the snow. Let the paint dry.
4. Paint small trees and gold stars. Using dark green, paint small trees around the jar between the large trees. Add stars to the top of each large tree using metallic gold. Paint various size stars on the lid. Let the paint dry.
5. Add trims to the large trees. Dip the handle end of a paintbrush into the desired colors of paint and dot on trees. For garlands, use a toothpick and gold paint. Make several dots in a row. Let the paint dry.
6. Add some snowflakes. Dip the bristles of an old toothbrush into white paint. Run your finger along the bristles to splatter specks of paint over the jar to resemble snow. Let the paint dry.