Holiday Treat Jars
Candy-Cane-Stripe Treat Jar
You can paint angled or straight stripes to parallel the forms of your jar.What You Need:
- Round glass jar with lid
- Disposable foam plate
- Acrylic glass paints in red, white, and green
- 1/4- and 1-inch-wide flat paintbrushes
- Pencil with round-tip eraser
1. Clean glassware. Before beginning to paint, wash the glassware and let it dry. Be careful not to touch your fingers on the areas that will be painted (use a towel).
2. Cover your work surface with newspapers.
3. Paint white images. Place some white paint on a foam plate. Using the 1/4-inch brush, paint a ring around the top of the jar and on the edge of the lid knob. Using the 1-inch-wide brush, paint slanted stripes around the jar, leaving about 2 inches between stripes. Let dry.
4. Paint red details. Paint 1-inch red stripes between the white stripes. Use the 1/4-inch brush to paint vertical stripes over the white-painted rings at top and on knob. Let the paint dry.
5. Add green dots. Dip the eraser end of a pencil into paint and dot on the surface of jar and lid. Let the paint dry. To add tiny white and red dots in the center of the larger green dots, use a toothpick dipped in paint.
6. Paint the top of the knob, using red paint. Let the paint dry. To add white dots on the top of the knob, dip the handle end of a paintbrush into paint and dot on the knob. Let the paint dry.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!