How to Make Green Slime
- 2 mixing bowls
- 8 ounces of Elmer's glue (must be Elmer's)
- Green and yellow food coloring
- Spoon for stirring
- 1 tablespoon Borax (you can find this in the laundry detergent aisle)
- Resealable plastic bag or clean plastic-covered container
1. Mix one cup cold water with 8 ounces of Elmer's Glue in one mixing bowl.
2. In a second bowl, mix 1 tablespoon of Borax with one-half cup of very hot water (not boiling). Stir well until the Borax is dissolved.
3. Add about 10 drops of each food coloring to the Borax-water mixture.
4. Slowly add the hot Borax-water mixture to the glue-water mixture. Stir with a spoon for a few seconds.
5. Using your hands, reach into the bowl and mix everything together. In less than a minute you'll have a gooey, nonsticky, stretchy material.
6. Store the goop in a resealable plastic bag or covered plastic container. You can keep the goop for several weeks as long as you refrigerate it when you're not playing with it.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!