Memory Lane Card
Memories of holidays past come to life in this accordion-style card. Because the photos are copies, you can make one of these for each member of the family.What You Need:
- 4 to 8 family photos
- Black art or construction paper
- Spray mount
- Colored pencils
- Paper punch
- Paper clip
- Access to a copy machine
1. Gather and copy photos. We used 4, but you can fit 8 in our accordion fold. Copy them using the "photo" setting on a copy machine.
2. Cut and fold black paper. Cut black paper to 36 inches long by 5-3/4 inches wide. You may need to glue 2 pieces together to get the correct length. Fold the long piece every 5-3/4 inches to form an accordion look, as shown in photo. You should have about 1-1/2 inches left on the final piece; this will become the flap that closes the card.
3. Trim and attach images. Cut photocopies to desired size, leaving white edge around perimeter of photo. Secure the copies to card on the right face of each page (or on both sides, if you use 8 photos), either by cutting slits for each corner or by securing with spray mount.
4. Add color. Use colored pencils to color in parts of each photo copy, giving the pictures an old-fashioned quality. Embellish the card with your favorite holiday phrase or poem using a white pencil.
5. Add ribbon. For the final touch, use a paper punch to make two small holes on the left binding, through every layer of the card (6 in all). Using a paper clip, push each end of a sheer piece of ribbon through the holes from the back. Tie ribbon into a bow on front of card.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!