Lu-Lu the Ladybug
Wings made of crafting foam, a purchased hat embellished with chenille stems, and pom-pom antennae transform any little munchkin into a fun-loving, lu-lu of a ladybug.What You Need:
- Tracing paper
- 1/4-inch-thick red crafting foam
- Thin black crafting foam
- Hot-glue gun and hot-glue sticks
- Paper punch
- 4 eyelets and eyelet punch
- Pair of black 42-inch-long shoelaces
- Purchased red hat and black gloves
- Black chenille stem
- Two large black pom-poms
1. Download the free pattern for this project. (Downloading requires free Adobe Acrobat software.)
2. Cut out patterns. Trace the wing pattern onto tracing paper. Cut out. Trace the dot pattern and cut out. Cut two wings from red foam and six dots from the black foam.
3. Decorate wings. Using the diagram, glue the short flat edges of the wings together. Glue three dots on each wing. Let the glue dry.
4. Prepare wings. Use a paper punch to make two holes at the top of each wing. For reinforcement, add an eyelet to each.
5. Finish wings. Tie the shoelaces together at one end. Place the knot by the seam on the wrong side of the wings. Thread the laces through the holes in each wing.
6. Prepare hat. For hat, poke a chenille stem through the top of the hat. Glue a pom-pom on each end. Let dry.