Luna Moth Costume
- Pink hooded sweatshirt and leggings
- 2 pink feather boas
- 2 yards each of 2- and 4-inch silver trim
- 2 yards light purple sequined trim
1. Hot-glue the 2-inch silver trim to the sleeve and legging cuffs. Glue the 4-inch trim around the bottom of the sweatshirt.
2. Hot-glue the sequined trim up one side of the sweatshirt zipper, around the hood, and down the other side of the zipper.
3. Hot-glue the boas to cover both sides of the front of the sweatshirt.Wings What You Need:
- 2 yards of light purple polar fleece
- 1 yard of purple sequined fabric
- Paper to make pattern pieces
- 2 yards of double-sided fusible interfacing
- 2 spools of purple or pink tulle trim
- 6 yards of spiraled silver trim
- Hot-glue gun for assembly
1. Arrange the sweatshirt and leggings flat on your work surface. Fold the fleece in half and line it up with the center of the outfit. Cut a wing shape through both layers of fabric using the photo as your guide.
2. Hot-glue the tulle trim and silver spiral trim along the edge of the wings.
3. Cut circle and oval wing patterns out from sheets of folded paper. Trace these shapes onto fusible interfacing; then cut them out. Follow product instructions to bond these interfacing pieces to the sequined fabric.) Peel off the paper backing, and iron your sequined pieces to both sides of the wings. Lay the wings right side up on your work surface; then lay the sweatshirt with the arms out at the sides over the wings. Hot-glue the center top of the wings just below the neck at the back of the sweatshirt. Hot-glue the back of the sleeve cuffs to the outer edges of the wing.Head What You Need:
- Beaded headband
- 3 plastic rhinestone jewels
- 2 large feathers
1. Slip the quill ends of the feathers through the beaded headband. Hot-glue them to the surrounding beads to keep them from slipping, if necessary.
2. Glue rhinestones to the headband to complete the costume.