- Silver tulle, long enough to fit your dining table
- White tablecloth (optional)
- 2 or 3 spot mirrors, in each of 3 sizes (2-inch, 3-inch, and 3 3/4-inch in diameter); you'll need more if your table is long
- White votive candles
- Silver votive candleholders
- White trumpet-shaped flowers, such as alstroemeria and freesia
- Tall, sleek vases, silver or clear glass
1. Layer silver tulle over a white tablecloth. If your table is a light color, you can use just the tulle.
2. Arrange the spot mirrors randomly on the tabletop, along with small votive candles in silver containers.
3. Arrange flowers in vases. Simple, rounded bunches will suggest a spray of fireworks. Place the vases wherever you want a focal point in the room. Avoid using tall arrangements on the dining table, as they prevent guests from seeing the person across from them.
4. To reinforce the theme: Look for party horns and champagne flutes with elongated shapes and party favors with silver and gold metallic streamers.
5. Set the table with white napkins and white-and-gold dinner plates to complete the lunar look. White plates and gold chargers are another option.Where to find the materials:
Spot mirrors are available at auto-supply stores. At a discount auto-parts store, the smallest ones cost about $1.50 and the largest about $2.50.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!