Make a Cardboard Playhouse
Flower BoxWhat You Need:
- Egg carton
- Purple crepe paper
- Crafts glue
1. Turn the egg carton upside down and paint green. Let dry.
2. Glue purple crepe paper around the bottom half of the carton.
3. Ask an adult to poke holes in the bottom of some of the egg holders so you can plant your flowers.Flowers What You Need:
- Colored paper
- Flexible straws
- Plastic foam balls
- Yellow acrylic paint
1. Poke the top of a flexible straw into a foam ball.
2. Hold the straw as you paint the ball yellow. Place the straw in a glass to let the ball dry.
3. Cut petal shapes out of colored paper. Glue a toothpick to the center of each petal so the toothpick extends 1/2 inch below the petal.
4. Poke the toothpick petals into the foam balls. Complete your house with a mailbox made from a cereal box. Cut open three sides of the box, leaving one of the narrow sides uncut as a hinge. Cover the box with colored paper and decorate. Attach the flag with a brad fastener. Attach the mailbox to your house with two brad fasteners.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!