Masks to Thrill
- Purchased blue mask
- Lace trim
- Pink ribbon
- Assorted silk flowers
- Crafts glue
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- 1/4-inch dowel, 18 inches long (optional)
1. Download the free pattern for this project. (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software.)
2. Cut and glue the lace trim to the edges of the mask. Make two small loops of trim to attach to the side of the mask.
3. Assemble a small bouquet using the silk flowers and ribbon. Staple together, then staple to the side of the mask. If necessary, glue on a flower to hide the staples.
4. Masks usually come with an elastic headband. If you prefer a handle, remove this band and have an adult or older child use the hot-glue gun to attach the dowel to the back of the mask. Attach the dowel to the right side of the mask for a right-handed child, to the left side for a left-handed youngster.