Masks to Thrill
Phantom of the North
- Purchased white mask
- Decorative silver foliage
- White satin ribbon
- Decorative metal elements
- Crafts glue
- Hot-glue gun and glue sticks
- 1/4-inch dowel, 18 inches long (optional)
1. Download the free pattern for this project. (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software.) Use the pattern as a guide while you work.
2. Staple a spray of the foliage to the back of the mask, and a smaller spray to the front of the mask.
3. Form loops in a length of the ribbon to create a bow. Staple the bow to the front of the mask adjacent to the larger foliage spray.
4. Glue decorative metal elements to cover the staples.
5. Masks usually come with an elastic headband. If you prefer a handle, remove this band and have an adult or older child use the hot-glue gun to attach the dowel to the back of the mask. Attach the dowel to the right side of the mask for a right-handed child, to the left side for a left-handed youngster.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!