Cups o' Spicy PopcornOoky 'n' Spooky Cups What You Need:
- Clear plastic punch cups
- Tracing paper
- Pencil; scissors
- Glass paints in black, green, yellow, and white
- Flat glass marbles in iridescent black and frosted clear or pale green
- Silicone glue
1. Download the free pattern. (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software.)
2. Prepare cups. Wash and dry the cups. Avoid touching the areas to be painted.
3. Cut/tape pattern. If painting the cat, trace the pattern onto tracing paper. Cut out slightly beyond the drawn lines. Tape the pattern to the inside of the cup where you wish to paint the design. Place it low on the cup so the weight of the eyes does not tip the cup.
4. Paint cat cup. To make the cat cup, paint the cat black. Let the paint dry. Use the photograph as a guide to paint on the nose, mouth, and whisker details. To paint the marble eyes, mix a drop of green and yellow. Paint long ovals on the front sides of two frosted marbles. Let the paint dry. Paint smaller black ovals inside of the green ones. Let the paint dry. Glue the eyes in place and let dry.
5. Make spider cup. To make the spider, glue two iridescent black marbles on the cup. Place them low enough so the cup does not tip. Let the glue dry. Paint on black legs. Let the paint dry.Honey 'n' Spice Popcorn What You Need:
- 10 cups popped corn (about 1/2 cup unpopped)
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1. Prepare mix. Place popped corn and peanuts in a large roasting pan. In a small saucepan combine honey, margarine, and pumpkin pie spice. Heat and stir until margarine melts. Pour over popcorn and nuts, tossing to coat.
2. Bake mix. Bake in a 300 degree F oven for 30 minutes, stirring about every 10 minutes. Transfer to a baking sheet; cool. Makes about 10 cups.