This monster will have you wrapped with fear when his black piercing eyes stare at you.What You Need:
- Marking pen; paring knife
- Smooth white pumpkins
- Spoon or ice cream scoop
- 2 flat toothpicks
- 2 black marbles
- Strong adhesive for glass, such as E6000
1. Draw a line around pumpkin top. Cut off top as shown in Photo 1, right.
2. Scoop out the insides as shown in Photo 2.
3. Cut the following slits using the picture for inspiration: two for the eyes, wide and tall enough to accommodate the marbles; one for the end of the nose; and one for the mouth. Cut more slits around the gourd and on the edges of the lid.
4. Place a toothpick vertically into each eye opening in the gourd, where the marble is desired. Glue the marble to the toothpick. Let dry.
Protect the work surface with newspapers or a plastic tablecloth. Cut off the top or bottom of the pumpkin, cutting a small notch for easy alignment. Scoop out the pumpkin using a strong spoon or ice cream scoop. Clean off the soft side of the lid as well. Carve carefully and slowly with a long, thin, sharp knife. Special pumpkin-cutting tools are also available wherever Halloween supplies are sold.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!