Painted Glass Dish Craft
- Clear glass dishes
- Glass paints in red, white, and blue
- 1/2-inch flat paintbrush
1. Wash and dry the dishes. Avoid touching the areas to be painted.
2. For the plate, all painting is done on the back side. For the cup and bowl, all painting is done on the outside. Using the flat paintbrush, paint red checks around the rim of the plate and cup, leaving room for white. For the bowl, paint red stripes around the bowl, leaving 1/2 inch at the rim unpainted. Let dry. Paint white checks on the plate and cup. Paint stripes on the bowl. Let dry.
3. To make dots, dip the eraser end of a pencil into paint and dot onto surface. You can also hand-paint stars for a real "stars and stripes" look. Let dry.
4. Bake and cool the glassware in the oven as instructed by the paint manufacturer. Hand-wash the dishes.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!