Party Clothes for Tables
Glass goes glitzy in these holiday painted plates.What You Need:
- 2 clear glass dinner plates
- Delta PermEnamel Surface Conditioner (available at crafts stores)
- Glassware paint, such as Delta PermEnamel (available at crafts stores), in gold, red, and green
- Sheets of gold leaf or gold crafting foil and foil adhesive (available at crafts stores)
- Sponge brushes
- Old, stiff toothbrush
1. Wash the plates in hot water, then clean the underside with surface conditioner. Allow to dry.
2. Paint a border. Using gold paint, paint a metallic-gold circle on the underside of each plate, around the edge; allow to dry. Paint another circle with two coats of red or green paint. Let dry after each coat.
3. Add gold foil. Using rapid strokes and a large brush, apply a thin layer of foil adhesive to the underside of each plate in the center. Then apply sheets of gold leaf or gold crafting foil; it will stick to the adhesive, but not to the glass.
4. Rub off some gold. Lightly rub the foil with a stiff toothbrush to remove some of the gold for an irregular, distressed effect.
5. Carefully wash plates. Wash plates carefully by hand to avoid removing decorative effect.