Pilgrim Cap Place Cards
- 3-inch terra-cotta flowerpot
- Crafting foam in black, yellow, green, and purple
- Acrylic paints in black, white, red, green, and blue
- Thick white crafts glue
- Black fabric paint pen
1. Paint the entire pot black and allow it to dry. Choose a color to paint the band around the top of the pot. Let it dry. Make white dots on the rest of the pot by dipping the handle of a paintbrush in white paint and dotting onto the surface.
2. Cut a circle from black foam. Cut it about 1/2 inch wider all around than the pot opening. Use an appropriate size dish, cup, or lid to trace. Place a small amount of glue on the rim of the pot and glue onto the black foam circle.
3. To make the buckle, measure the width of the band of the pot (the portion painted a different color). Cut a rectangle out of foam that measures about 1/8 inch deeper than the band on the pot. Glue it to the band. Let the glue dry.
4. Use a black paint pen to write the guest's name on the colored band. Allow it to dry before using.