Make these paddleballs ahead using our patterns, or have the kids paint them at the party using their own Halloween designs. The paint dries quickly so the games will be ready to go when the guests head home.What You Need:
- Acrylic paints in black, white, gray, orange, and yellow
- Purchased paddleballs
- Tracing paper
- Pencil with round-tip eraser
- Transfer paper
- Silver marking pen
1. Download the free patterns. Downloading requires free Adobe Acrobat software.
2. Paint the background color. Pick a color for the entire back of the paddle and sides. Paint the background for the ghost white, the pumpkin orange, and the bats gray. Let the paint dry.
3. Trace the desired patterns. Use transfer paper to transfer the details to the painted side of the paddleball. Paint in the details using the patterns as a guide. Let the paint dry. To make eyes on the bats, dip the eraser end of a pencil or the handle end of a paintbrush into white paint and dot onto the heads of the bats. Let the paint dry. Add smaller black dots in the center of each eye. Let the paint dry.
4. Use a silver marking pen. Add dotted-line swirls to the bat paddleball board.
5. Paint the attached balls. Use the photograph for inspiration.Let the paint dry.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!