Pretty Patterned Pumpkins
The details complementing the checkerboard pattern are made with easy-to-do dots and scribbles from a permanent marking pen.What You Need:
- Acrylic metallic paints in teal and purple
- 1-inch flat paintbrush
- Metallic gold permanent marking pen
- Pencil with round-tip eraser
1. Paint checkerboard. Paint a teal checkerboard design on the pumpkin. To begin, start with the center of the pumpkin. Paint 1-inch squares around the center of the pumpkin. Continue making 1-inch checks over the entire pumpkin, alternating the positions as shown. Let the paint dry.
2. Decorate checkerboard. To add squiggles, draw them on top of the painted checkerboard as desired. Let it dry. To add dots between the painted checks, dip the eraser end of a pencil into purple paint. Carefully dot on the surface where desired. Let the paint dry.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!