Santa by the Spoonful
- Old silver spoons
- Transfer and tracing paper
- Delta PermEnamel Colors: metal primer, country tomato, light peach, mushroom, ultra black, ultra white, and satin glaze
- Flat, round, and liner paintbrushes
- Spatter brush or old toothbrush
- Ribbon or raffia (for ties)
1. Thoroughly clean the spoons. Allow to dry.
2. With the flat brush, apply the metal primer, following the manufacturer's instructions. Then basecoat the bowl of each spoon with mushroom paint.
3. Using the flat brush, paint Santa's coat and hat using country tomato. Paint his face light peach. Paint his beard, mustache, and hat trim ultra white. With liner brush, paint his bangs ultra white and his mouth ultra black. Using the handle end of the brush, dot the eyes ultra black. With the round brush, scrub his cheeks with country tomato.
4. Use ultra white and the spatter brush to add flecks of snow.
5. Apply the satin glaze and let dry.
6. Use raffia to tie spoon handles to branches of tree.More Ideas:
- Play off the silver color of the painted spoons by filling in the tree's decorations with silver balls and metal cookie cutters.
- Make a popcorn wreath to match by stringing 3 large silver beads between popcorn at approximately 6-inch intervals.