- Plastic switchplate (available at hardware stores)
- Holiday gift wrap
- White crafts glue
- Small disposable cup
- Crafts knife
- Small paintbrush
1. Cut gift wrap about an inch larger all around than the switchplate.
2. Glue paper to switchplate. Mix equal parts thick white crafts glue and water in the cup. Using paintbrush to apply adhesive, glue paper to front of switchplate, smoothing out wrinkles as you go along. Fold the excess paper to the back and glue it in place.
3. Make opening. From the back, cut an X across the switch opening. (See photo) Fold the tabs to the back of the cover and glue them in place.
4. Seal. Using paintbrush, coat the front with two or three coats of the glue mixture. Let dry.More Ideas:
- Choose wrapping paper with a small pattern for best results.
- Check hardware stores for clear acrylic switchplate cover kits (as shown) for an even easier alternative.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!