Soda Bottle Firefly Craft
- 9 x 12-inch sheet of construction paper
- 16-oz. green plastic soda bottle
- 2 chenille stems
- Tracing paper
- Thick white crafts glue
- Fluorescent light stick (available wherever camping supplies are sold)
- Colorful construction paper
1. Fold the construction paper in half lengthwise and tear it along the fold. Wrap one half around the bottle top for the bug's thorax and tape it in place.
2. Wrap a chenille stem around the bottle neck and twist it to make antennae. Cut the other chenille stem into thirds and glue the pieces onto the sides of the bottle for the legs.
3. Trace circle and wing patterns onto tracing paper. Cut out the patterns. Trace around the patterns on construction paper, cutting one circle face and two wings. Cut out the shapes. Glue the wings to the thorax. Glue the circle on the bottle cap for a face. Add pom-poms for the eyes. Let the glue dry.
4. Activate the light stick and place it inside the bottle.