Special Occasion Seating
Dress your chairs in these floor-length tutus and you may decide to theme your entire party around your favorite ballet.What You Need:
(For each slipcover)
- 54- to 60-inch-wide tulle (see Step 1 to determine length)
- 54-inch-wide sheer organdy
- Tape measure
- 2-1/2- to 3-inch-wide ribbon and 1/8- to 1/4-inch-wide ribbon to match or contrast fabric, as desired
1. Measure and cut tulle. Measure from the bottom of the chair leg up to the seat, across the seat to the back, up over the back, and down to the floor. Add those measurements together. For each chair, cut 2 or 3 pieces of 54- to 60-inch-wide tulle to that length.
2. Drape pieces of tulle loosely over the chair.
3. Measure and cut organdy. Measure the width of the chair back and add about 6 inches. Cut a piece of 54-inch-wide striped sheer organdy to that measurement. (This will be a wrap to hold the tulle in place.)
4. Place organdy over tulle on chair back. Fold under the raw edges and drape the organdy over the chair back, letting one selvage extend onto the chair seat and the other selvage fall to the back.
5. Secure with ribbon. Belt the fabric in place with wide ribbon at the middle of the chair back and with narrow ribbon just above the chair seat.