- 2 yards each of black broadcloth and quilt batting
- 2 yards of black strapping
- Polyester fiberfill
- 3 pairs of black gloves
- 2 pairs of black socks
- 4 yards of 1/4-inch-wide black ribbon
- Reflective tape
1. To make a pattern, cut an 18x30-inch paper rectangle. Round the corners. Use the pattern to cut four pieces from black fabric and two from batting. Place two black pieces right sides together with a piece of batting on the outside. Stitch around the edges through all layers, leaving an opening for turning. Turn; slip-stitch opening closed. Repeat with remaining black pieces and batting. Sew shoulder straps onto each piece.
2. Using fiberfill, stuff fingers of four gloves and each sock. Slide the foot of each sock into a glove; stitch. Make four openings in the side seams of the front panel large enough for the ends of socks. Make the first set 12 inches from the top and the second set 8 inches below the first. Stuff socks into openings and stitch. Sew ribbon ties to each side. Add reflective tape to both sides.