Star of David Card
Assembly InstructionsWhat You Need:
- Blue and white art papers
- Crafts knife
- Metal-edge ruler
- Crafts glue
- 6-1/2 x 4-3/4 inch transparent envelope
1. Cut out "Card Front and Card Base." To make the card base, fold a sheet of blue art paper in half. Trace the card front twice onto the blue paper, one time positioning the fold line along the paper fold; cut out the shapes.
2. Make cuts. Open the folded triangle, and use the metal-edge ruler and a crafts knife to cut a slit along the fold and on the lines indicated on the "Card Base Diagram." (If you're not sure where to cut, lay the card front on the card base. Use a pencil to mark the edges of the card front, about 1/4 inch in from the edge of the card base. Cut between the points, following the diagram.) Fold the uncut half of the base behind the half with the slits.
3. Cut 3 white triangles. From white art paper, cut out 3 triangles. Each should have a 3-3/4 inch base and two 4-3/4 inch sides.
4. Glue 2 white triangles in place. Glue 1 white triangle, centered, on the outside of the folded triangle (the half with the slits). Glue the second white triangle on the card front.
5. Slip points into place. Place the card front on top of the folded piece; the card front should be pointing toward you, and the folded piece pointing away from you. Carefully insert the points of the card front through the slits in the card base. On the side with 2 slits, slip the point back out through the slit on the fold.
6. Glue remaining triangle in place. Glue the third white triangle inside the card base, on the righthand side. This is where you can write your holiday greeting.More Ideas:
- A string of interlocking Star of David cards would look elegant hanging from a mantel. To make them as a decoration only, cut a second large blue triangle instead of the folded card base, and slit it as instructed for one side of the base.
- Use a paper punch to make holes in 2 points of each decoration, and string them together with gold ribbon. Or punch a hole in the top of each card and attach ribbon so that each star hangs on its own.