Star of David Pillow
At right, Star of David Pillow.
At left is the Menorah Pillow.
- 16-inch-square decorator pillow
- 3 yards of 1-1/8-inch-wide figured or embroidered ribbon
- 3 yards of 1-1/2-inch-wide blue satin ribbon
- Thick white crafts glue
Step 1: Mitering the
1. Pin ribbon to pillow. Holding the figured ribbon on top of the blue ribbon and working with them as one, pin the ribbons to the pillow front in a triangle that fills the pillow's front. Be sure to center the top point on one edge. Miter the points of the triangle as shown.
2. Add second triangle. Make a second triangle opposite to the first, to form the star. Weave the ribbons through the arms of the first triangle and pin the ribbon to hold it in place.
3. Attach ribbons to pillow. Use thick white crafts glue to attach the figured ribbon to the blue ribbon, then glue the blue ribbon to the pillow, removing the pins as you go.
4. Clean carefully. If the pillow should become soiled, spot-clean it as recommended for the fabric. Machine-washing isn't recommended.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!