Stick Figure Ornaments
An adult should do the cutting described in Step 1. Apply paint to the back and side edges of each stick as well as to the front.What You Need:
- Scissors or sharp pruning shears
- 1 wooden crafts stick, jumbo (3/4 inch wide)
- Small piece of brown crafts foam (about 4 inches)
- 2 beady eyes, 5/16-inch size
- 1 red mini pompom
- 1 small jingle bell
- Thick white crafts glue or a low-temperature glue gun and hot-glue sticks
- Acrylic crafts paint in brown
- 1/2 inch flat paintbrush
- Black dimensional paint
- 6-inch length of 1/8 inch red ribbon
- 8-inch length of jute (or red 1/8 inch ribbon)
1. Cut the crafts stick in half so it's about 3 inches long. Paint the stick brown. Let paint dry.
2. Add antlers. Draw two antlers onto craft foam and cut out. (Or draw a pattern on lightweight cardboard, cut it out, then trace and cut two shapes from foam.) Glue the antlers to the back of the head.
3. Add facial features. Glue the eyes about 1 inch from the top of the crafts stick. Use black dimensional paint to draw the nose and mouth line, then glue the red pompom in place as shown in photo. Let dry.
4. Add hanging loop. Glue both ends of the 8-inch length of jute or ribbon to the back of the ornament at the top. Let glue dry.
5. Tie the jingle bell to the hanger with shorter length of ribbon.Trim ends of ribbon to desired length.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!