Stick Figure Ornaments
An adult should do the cutting described in Step 1. Apply paint to the back and side edges of each stick as well as to the front.What You Need:
- Scissors or sharp pruning shears
- 3 wooden crafts sticks: 2 narrow (3/8 inch wide) and 1 jumbo (3/4 inch wide)
- 1 small star sticker
- Thick white crafts glue or a low-temperature glue gun and hot-glue sticks
- Acrylic crafts paint in red, dark blue, black, and desired flesh tone
- 1/2 inch flat paintbrush
- Opaque paint markers in yellow, white, and black
- 8-inch length of 1/8 inch red ribbon
1. Cut one narrow stick in half for the arms. Cut a 1-inch piece from each end of the second narrow stick for the boots.
2. Measure from the top of the jumbo stick and make tiny marks at 1 inch, 2 inches, and 3-3/4 inches.
3. Paint as follows: Apply flesh-tone paint between the 1-inch and 2-inch marks and to the rounded ends of the arm sticks. Apply red paint from the 2-inch mark to the 3-3/4 inch mark. Paint the remaining sections of the arm sticks red. Paint the remaining areas of the jumbo stick blue. Paint the boots black. Let paint dry.
4. Add details. Paint the face and uniform details as shown in photo, using paint markers. Adhere a star sticker to the hat.
5. Glue the arms to the body. Align the top with the top of the red paint on body, and allow arms to extend beyond the body about 1/4 inch on either side.
6. Glue the boots to the bottom of the body, allowing the ends to extend slightly beyond the bottom of the body stick. Let glue dry.
7. Add hanging loop. Glue both ends of the ribbon to the back of the ornament at the top.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!