Stuff 'n' Stitch
Not just for the holidays, these
playful decorations can be hung
- Shaped cookie cutters of your choice
- Colored oak tag or construction paper
- Clear sheet of vinyl
- Paper punch
- Clear nail polish
- Variety of trim such as confetti, buttons, bows, bells, or cereal
1. Trace cookie cutter shape onto the colored paper. Place a sheet of clear vinyl atop traced shape and cut out.
2. Holding the paper and vinyl shapes together, punch holes around outside edge of each with a paper punch.
3. Brush one end of a 32-inch strand of yarn with clear nail polish. Allow to dry. Then, sew around the edges of the shape. When half of the shape is stitched, add filler such as confetti, buttons, or cereal.
4. Finish sewing. Knot the yarn ends on the back side. Trim ends or tape them to the back.
5. Add additional trims such as buttons, bows, and bells.
6. Add a hanging loop.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!