This fun and decorative craft
can be a family project that
everyone can enjoy making and
- Container, such as a strawberry box or a terra-cotta planter
- Potting soil
- Wheat grass seed
- Spanish moss (optional)
- Smooth unpolished stones
- Weatherproof and nontoxic paint markers
- Crafts glue
- Plastic eyes
1. Add a drainage hole to the container if it does not already have one. Fill with potting soil. Plant grass seed about 1/8-inch deep, and then water. Place container in sunlight, watering every two days. Grass should be ready in 5-7 days.
2. Draw butterfly, bunny, flower, carrot, or other designs on the stones with markers. Let the paint dry completely.
3. For animal and bug designs, glue on a pair of eyes.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!