- Two 6x1/2-inch wood dowels
- Acrylic paints in black, orange, and purple
- 2 wood hearts, approximately 2x1x3/16 inches
- 1x1/2-inch wood dowel
- Hot-glue gun and hot-glue sticks
- Small wood base
- Paint pens in black, green, orange, and glitter gold
- 4-inch plastic funnel
- Black spray paint
- Tracing paper
- Sheet of white card stock
- Permanent marking pens in black and green
- Red colored pencil
- Thick white crafts glue
- Scrap of yellow paper
1. Download the free pattern. (Download requires Adobe Acrobat software.)
2. Paint legs. For legs, paint the 6-inch-long dowels with orange and purple stripes. Paint the hearts black for shoes. Let the paint dry.
3. Assemble legs. Hot-glue the bottom of each dowel to the center back of one heart. The pointed portion of the heart becomes the toe of the shoe. Hot-glue the legs together by gluing the 1x1/2-inch wood dowel spacer between the top of each leg. Hot-glue the shoes to the wood base. Use glitter gold to squeeze three gold buttons down the center of each shoe.
4. Prepare funnel. With heavy-duty scissors, cut the handle from the funnel if necessary. Spray-paint the funnel black and set aside to dry.
5. Trace/cut patterns. Trace the patterns onto tracing paper and cut out. Cut the front (with chin) and the back (without chin) head pieces from card stock. Color the hat black using marking pen. Use green to color the hair as shown in the picture for front. For back, color entire head area with green. Draw in face details using black. Color the mouth and cheeks with red pencil. Outline the hat with black paint pen. Add a gold hatband. Add strokes of green and gold to hair.
6. Attach head. Cut a length of card stock to go around the neck of the funnel. Color it with black. Glue strip around neck of funnel. Glue head front to one side of tube and head back to the opposite side.
7. Prepare arms. Cut arms from card stock. Color the sleeves black and add orange paint-pen stripes to each cuff area. Outline the stripes with black paint pen. Let the paint dry.
8. Add arms. Use crafts glue to glue the arms to the sides of the body. Add buttons down the front of the body using glitter gold paint pen.
9. Add stars. Cut stars from yellow paper and glue the large one to coat and the small one to the tip of each hat.