Children's Age-by-Age Guide: Birth to 3 Months
Crying is your baby's language and soon you'll be able to distinguish cries of pain, hunger, and fear, which will help you become a more confident parent. He'll turn his head when he hears your voice and he'll react to noise, motion, and light.
Expose your baby to different stimuli such as soft toys, music, and the outdoors so he becomes more aware of his surroundings.Immunizations at This Age
- Birth to 2 months -- The first of three doses of the Hepatitis B (Hep B) vaccine should be given by age 2 months. The second dose should be administered at least one month after the first dose.
- 2 months -- Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis (DtaP)
- 2 months -- H. influenzae type b (Hib)
- 2 months -- Inactivated polio (IPV)
- 2 months -- Pneumococcal conjugate (PCV)
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!