Protecting Your Child from Abduction
Children under age 5 should always be under the direct supervision of a parent or guardian.
- Help your child memorize his full name, address, and phone number.
- Teach your child how to call home from a pay phone.
- Make sure your child knows to call 911 in emergency situations.
- Let your child know she has certain rights of privacy.
- Teach your child the difference between a "good" touch and a "bad" touch.
- Teach your child to recognize the types of "low-risk" individuals he may ask for help if he is lost -- including police officers, firefighters, school crossing guards, elderly women, and women accompanied by children.
- Make sure your child knows another adult, besides her parents, whose help she may seek if she is hurt.
Continued on page 3: