Learning Guide: Eighth Grade
In the Classroom
Teachers will show students how to...
- Analyze a sentence for key grammatical parts; maintain subject/verb agreement in writing and speaking; follow increasingly complicated conventions of spelling, punctuation and capitalization; develop more mature vocabulary.
- Analyze complex fiction and nonfiction pieces; distinguish between stated and implied information.
- Use the library and all its reference sources with ease.
- Study a variety of poetic forms and literary genres; write increasingly sophisticated pieces.
- Master algebra or pre-algebra or general math course.
- Study earth science, observing changes in the weather and astronomical objects; examine star, geological and weather maps; perform experiments to test hypotheses.
Continued on page 3: