Learning Guide: Eighth Grade
5 Ways You Can Help
- Build structured private time with your child; take a walk or have a quiet meal together. It's extremely important that your child knows you are there for him.
- Give him responsibility. Put him in charge of the pantry: He can help plan meals, keep a grocery list, check the papers for sales, do much of the shopping.
- Communicate with your child as often as you can. If he doesn't particularly feel like talking at the moment, leave notes for him.
- Stay involved in his school and at least stay in touch with his teachers via notes or phone calls.
- Give him breathing space; it's not necessary or appropriate to be involved in every aspect of his life. He needs independence.
Continued on page 4: