Learning Guide: Kindergarten
In the classroom
Teachers will show students how to...
- Develop small motor skills by cutting, pouring liquids, tracing, molding clay, coloring pictures and writing their names.
- Follow directions, describe objects and events, share tools, and play in a group.
- Label and express feelings such as anger, frustration and sadness with words instead of actions.
- Identify colors and shapes; match objects; distinguish directions; recognize the alphabet.
- Tell time to the hour on analog and digital clocks; identify coins; recite personal data (birthday, address, phone number).
- Count and write numbers from 1 to 10; count objects in a set; divide objects into halves.
- Explore basic science -- plant growth, magnetism, freezing and thawing -- ideally with experiments.
- Learn about the community, often with local field trips (firehouse, post office, library); study the child's family.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!