Learning Guide: Sixth Grade
In the Classroom
Teachers will help students to...
- Discern the difference between first and third-person points of view in literature; learn to use footnotes and appendices; utilize periodicals, atlases and card catalogs to locate information; recognize literary elements (setting, plot and characterization).
- Write increasingly complex compositions and stories that illustrate use of adjectives and correct subject-verb agreement.
- Perform all functions (+, -, x, /) with fractions; change fractions to decimals and decimals to percents; calculate percentages; use formulas to find area and perimeter.
- Study countries, regions or hemispheres of the world or focus on civic problems unique to an area.
- Master the use of acid-base indicators; observe cellular composition of, organisms with microscopes.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!