Learning Guide: Third Grade
In the Classroom
Teachers will show students how to...
- Find missing numbers in a sequence; memorize multiplication and division facts through 12 x12.
- Develop concepts of tenths and hundredths; recognize equivalent fractions; understand the use of letters in simple algebraic statements (ab=12); create, read, and interpret bar graphs, tables and charts.
- Develop estimating and rounding-off skills.
- Learn to use conventional spelling, punctuation, and capitalization; write in legible script; experiment with synonyms; identify character, plot and setting.
- Appreciate and identify different literary types, including fantasy and science fiction; experiment with writing ads to understand concepts of propaganda.
- Understand that individuals have the right to differing viewpoints; learn historical facts about your community, state, and country; explore geography with discussion of map scales.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!