How to Pack
Preparing Your Clothes
1. Begin by laying out your clothes. Button all buttons and zip all zippers, with the exception of tailored jackets, which should be left unbuttoned.
Lay long-sleeve shirts face down, then fold as shown to minimize wrinkling.
2. Fold shirts and blouses by laying them face down, then folding the arms back at the shoulder seam. Fold the arms back on themselves at the midpoint of the back. Fold the sides in to meet in the middle. Fold up about one-third of the shirt, then fold up again to just below the collar.
T-shirts can be stacked and rolled to provide cushioning for more fragile items.
3. Roll T-shirts to act as cushions for other items. First stack the shirts. Then fold them toward the middle and roll up from the bottom.
4. Turn tailored jackets inside-out, then fold them lengthwise and horizontally in thirds.
5. Roll up socks or hose and place them inside shoes, then bag each shoe.
6. Place underwear and lingerie in mesh or plastic bags.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!