In Love and Marriage, Money Matters
Sometimes you just need something to say to get the ball rolling. Try:
- "Growing up, I don't remember my parents ever talking about money. How was it in your house?"
- "I got a raise today -- and I want to make sure I don't spend every last dime. Let's talk about some ways I/we can be sure to save it."
- "My friend Joan just inherited $40,000. I think my Aunt Margaret may leave me some money someday."
- "These student loans are driving me nuts. Do you have them, too?"
- "Do you have renters insurance?"
- "That vacation we want to take is pretty expensive. Let's talk about how we can put together the money."
Copyright 2001 by Jean Sherman Chatzky. All rights reserved. Excerpt posted with permission from Twbookmark.com.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!