Celebrate New Year's Eve!
Ideas for an Unforgettable Night
1. Invite your neighbors in for drinks and light fare. It's a great way to celebrate -- and bond with your neighbors -- without venturing far from home.
2. Inspire yourself. Make a list of all the places you want to go and things you want to do in the coming year. Resolve to check off as many as you can before next New Year's.
3. Share your memories. Mark the end of the old year and the beginning of the new by opening a bottle of Champagne or wine and reminiscing with your mate about the events of the past year and sharing what you hope for in the coming year.
4. Skip the crowded party scene and spend a quiet night at home. Curl up in front of the fireplace with your man and toast the new year.
5. Get glam for a night out on the town. If possible, dress in a separate room from your husband or boyfriend so he doesn't see you until you're finished primping. Then meet near the front door for your "date."
6. Give back. Donate the money you would have spent on an expensive night out to your favorite charity. Or if you're having a party at home, ask guests to bring a non-perishable food item for your local soup kitchen or food bank.
7. Surprise him. Save one Christmas present to surprise your mate with on New Year's Eve. Who wouldn't love getting an extra treat?
8. Treat yourselves to dinner at a restaurant you've always wanted to try. Be sure to make reservations in advance!