Easy Ways to Keep the Flames Burning
7. Plan a blast from the past. "If you live near to where your guy grew up, plan a memory tour," offers Webb. Contact his parents, siblings or old friends and inquire about his old haunts; favorite pizza place, the school track where he won an event. Create a date around these locales and ask him to recall happy memories.
8. Work on your sex life. Experts estimate that one in three couples is mismatched when it comes to sexual desire. If this is the case in your relationship, talk candidly to your mate about what you can do to improve the situation. The expert advice in a book such as The Sex Starved Marriage: A Couple's Guide to Boosting Their Marriage Libido by marriage therapist Michele Weiner Davis can help you get started.
9. Create a calendar. Have a bunch of meaningful photos turned into a unique calendar at a copy shop, says Webb. (There's no law that says calendars have to start in January.) To really make this fly, help him out by noting key dates such as birthdays, anniversaries, etc.
10. Plan for wonderful weekends. Clear up both of your usual Saturday to-do lists by Friday evening. It may cramp your weeknights a bit, but a whole chore-free day will make the effort worthwhile.
11. Make dinnertime pleasant. Compile menus from local restaurants that deliver, and stash them in a folder, says Good. On nights when you're both beat, you can still enjoy a lovely meal and each other's company, with no work.
12. Dress the part. Borrow something of his to wear. There's just something about finding you enveloped in his robe, PJ top, or button-down that your guy finds charming and irresistible.
13. Hide the remote. It's probably ill-advised to try to declare a TV-free night if there's a big game on. But if you're both listlessly crashed out watching reruns, turn the boob tube off and instead concentrate on each other.