Working at Home: Tips for Success
Is It for You?
Working at home isn't as simple as setting up a desk and a computer. It takes the right mindset to establish yourself as a serious professional, despite the fact that you may sometimes do work in your slippers.
Not every personality is suited to working at home, says Lesley Spencer of Home-Based Working Moms. Certain traits are helpful for people who want to work at home:
- perseverance, drive, and determination
- motivation, being a self-starter
- good organizational skills
- the ability to manage your time
- a willingness to learn
- the ability to multitask
- a passion for what you are doing
- ability to work, even when other things are calling you
If you already have these qualities, you're one step ahead of the game. If not, you can take steps to beef up both your business and personal skills, in order to be able to work easily at home.