Get Kissable Lips
6. Give lipstick even more staying power. To boost lipstick longevity even more, line and fill in lips, and apply a coat of color. Blot. Next, place a tissue flat against your lips. Dip a powder brush into loose, translucent powder, and dust over the tissue. (A very light coat of powder will get to your lips through the tissue.) Remove tissue, apply another coat of color, and blot again.
7. Add some shimmer. To make your lower lip look fuller, apply lipstick, then use your finger to dot a bit of shimmery eye shadow in gold, white, or silver onto the middle of your lower lip.
8. Don't forget sunscreen. Lips can get burned, and skin cancer of the lips is on the rise. Find a non-medicated lip balm containing SPF 15 or higher, and apply religiously when you're out in the sun.
9. Go glossy. Most women wear gloss over lipstick. For a fresher look, try an intensely-pigmented gloss worn alone. Look for high-color glosses by Chanel and Stila.
10. Be your own makeup artist. It's true: the perfect lipstick shade probably doesn't exist at your department store cosmetics counter. To get the exact shade you crave, try mixing two or more shades on the back of your hand; use a lip brush to apply your custom color to lips.