Hang on to Summer
More Ways to Hang on to Summer
6. Update your pedicure. Admire your pretty feet all winter long by using a treatment like Burt's Bees Coconut Foot Creme ($8.99) or plain Vaseline. Cover with socks, and let it absorb overnight. Then paint toes with a pretty fall-to-summer shade. OPI's Mat-adore Red ($7.50) and Avon's Rose Amour ($4) are good transitional colors.
7. Indulge in highlights. The sun brought out gorgeous highlights. Hang on to them all year long by getting highlights. Ask your colorist for lighter strands around your face and at the crown -- that's where the sun would hit.
8. Spritz on a summery fragrance. Keep summer on your mind with a fresh., beachy fragrance. Oceanus ($11.95) by Body Shop will have you dreaming of the ocean even as the leaves turn.
9. Keep your legs silky smooth. So you're not wearing shorts anymore, but hair-free legs feel sexy year-round. To combat razor burn, try Schick's Intuition ($7.99), which releases moisturizers as it shaves.
10. Go for subtle shimmer. Not ready for the matte colors of fall? Shimmer is fine for fall as long as it's toned down. Clinique's Gentle Light Powder ($21) gives you a slightly dewey finish without any sparkle.