Summer-Friendly Scents: Light, On-the-Go Perfumes
- Reminiscent of old Hollywood glamour, Lovely Sarah Jessica Parker Powder Puff, $25, gives your skin subtle shimmer, as well as a musky floral scent.
- Cool down with the fresh scent of Curve Chill, $49.50. This eau de toilette has a special chemistry that refreshes your skin immediately after you spritz it on.
- The rich spicy scent of Calvin Klein Euphoria Sensual Touch Parfum Gel, $40, melts into the skin and lasts as long as a spray-on perfume. Stash it in your purse for a quick pick-me-up.
- This oversize bottle of Marc Jacobs Splash Rain, $65, gets points for its fresh scent -- think cut grass mixed with wild strawberry and white orchid. And thanks to its lower alcohol content, you can use this scent liberally, from head to toe.
- Sprinkle Victoria's Secret Dream Angels Heavenly Silkening Body Powder, $28, onto your skin after a bath or use it to absorb excess moisture. Its silk powder will leave your skin ultrasmooth.
- The three scents in the Sonia's Solid Powder Perfume Palette by Sonia Kashuk, $30, can be worn alone or layered for a personalized aroma. Rub the colored powders onto the skin and watch them disappear.
- A quick toss of your head releases the floral, amber, and woody notes of Narciso Rodriguez For Her -- Her Hair Mist, $32. Spray its superfine vapor into your hair and enjoy it for hours.
Originally published in Ladies' Home Journal magazine, June 2006.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!